Monday, December 15, 2008

Back to flying I go...

Wow did that time ever go by fast. 6 months off sounds like a lot until its over and then all of a sudden I'm packing my bag trying to get ready to go. Okay, I know that I only had to go for 4 days and now I'm off all month until new years eve however it still isn't something that I get used to or look forward to. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. I love being on the plane meeting all sorts of strange, I mean unique, no I mean strange, people. Leaving the kids and Kiffen is the part I hate. Kiffen and Tanner went to deliver an airplane in Arizona, so Korah Grace went to Utah to get spoiled by Grandma and Paw Paw and all the aunts, uncles and cousins. I do believe she did pretty well. It was harder at nights from what I have been told. I had a good trip. I flew with a wonderful crew, our flights were uneventful, and on time. I am sure that I drove my crew crazy with T and K stories but, they were very patient and pretended that they were really interested. When I finished my Recurrent training we got out too late for me to get a flight to Little Rock. Kiffen and Tanner were spending the night there and I was planning on flying there to pick up Tanner and take him with me to pick up Korah Grace. Now I have to decide do I catch the non-stop to SLC or do I go halfway to LIT, spend the night in STL and then finish going to LIT in the morning to pu Tanner, then say hello to Kiffen for about 5 min jump back on the plane and fly to SLC. On my way to the SLC flight to see if it was full I passed a delayed flt to Dallas, ran and asked the gate agent if I could possibly make the LIT flight in DAL. "Right now you miss it by 5 min" she tells me. Close enough. I jump on the plane as they are closing the door, introduce myself to the crew while quickly asking the pilots to call ahead and find out gates and flt info for me in DAL(a courtesy they do for us when non-revving). I sit in the closest seat to the front of the plane and squeeze in the empty middle seat the pax's are trying to hide with their coats and carry-ons that they never should of carried on. Right before we land the pilots called and let me know that my next flt was leaving 10 min after we land. Score!!! I am going to make it. I call Kiffen let him know I'll be there in an hour and run. Why did I do all this? In the morning Tanner and I will be flying out together to SLC to pick up Korah Grace. While we are there we are kicking off the holiday season with my mom's side of the families annual Christmas party. This means tons of cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews and a special visitor who only comes and visits at this time of year. So yeah, that's why I did all this.

No comments: