Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy new year...broken resolutions

Happy new year to all. As with every year I go ahead and make new resolutions that will improve my life or my families. Yesterday morning I sat at breakfast and actually wrote down a list of 10 things that I am going to change or work on doing better. Number 8 was to blog everyday even if it was something little. The hope was I would find something worthwhile to journal about that myself or the kiddos would want to look back on someday and read. Since today is actually the 2nd day of the year I'll use the excuse that I was working on the other 7 items ahead of this one and just ran out of time. The truth is that is pretty much the truth. Number 5 or 6 on my list is not to procrastinate and to finish unfinished items on my to do list. I decided to work on those last night and set up a facebook page for uncle Wayne. My dad asked me to do this a couple of weeks ago so the family could get updates and keep in touch with each other and leave notes of encouragement for him. I can now say that I have finished one task on my to do list with only about 364 left to do. So even though it is 5:00 am on day 2 of the year and technically this resolution is broken. I don't think so. See by finishing something else and accomplishing something on day one it gave me something to write about that I will be glad to look back on and read. By the way Number 3 is to not be so hard on myself and to always try to look at the positive side of things. Check.
Chersty

No comments: