Tuesday, September 30, 2008

needs

Tonight Kiffen and I took the kids grocery shopping. Unfortunately this is pretty exciting for me because we don't get out much together as a family. My usual grocery routine is in and out as quickly as possible with a 3 yr old and a 3 month baby. If we don't have any "I need" melt downs then I consider it a success. Anyways back to tonight. When we pulled into the store Tanner asked if he could go and just "look" at the toys. If it was only me then not only no but heck no!!!! I just don't have the energy or willpower to go there with him..but since Kiffen was with us why not. We told him and really emphasized that we are only going to look. "kay momma, me just wook". Who are we kidding, right? I have come to realize that one of my favorite things in life is seeing a little child in a toy store. I know very cliche', but for me true. The way his face just lights up and how he looks at each and every toy. If one really catches his eye he'll take it off the shelf and "read" the back of the box(Tanner would do this also:)). Whenever the looking would turn into needing we would tell him that we'll have to write a letter to ho ho and let him know. He was being surprisingly good so Kiffen decided to stay in the toys with him while I went and took care of the shopping. When I met them at the car I expected to see Toys everywhere or an inconsolable child. It was neither. The only thing that Kiffen caved to was a small bulldozer, which according to Kiffen was needed since we didn't have one. Funny how we remember the things we need when surrounded by necessities such as toys.

Chersty

No comments: